Lot of the success in the treatment of hypothyroidism is the picking of foods; Choosing food for the thyroid does not have to be complicated and making food for the thyroid should not be either.
The thyroid is a gland located in the neck and the main function is to produce thyroid hormones that travel in the blood to be distributed in the tissues. These hormones regulate the energy and temperature used by the body, in addition to the functioning of organs such as the brain, heart and muscles.
According to the American Thyroid Association (ATA) , hypothyroidism is a reflection that the thyroid gland is hypoactive, that is, its efficiency is slow; It means that this gland is not capable of producing enough thyroid hormone to maintain normal functions in the body.
People with hypothyroidism have low levels of thyroid hormone in the blood, among the most frequent causes of this are surgical removal of the thyroid, radioactive treatment or autoimmune disease.
Foods for the thyroid: what to eat with hypothyroidism?
Next we present you the foods that yes and the foods that you can not include in your menu for hypothyroidism .
1. Omega 3. You can choose between foods such as chia, salmon, sardine, without food that can intervene in the hormonal balance.
2. Herbs and spices. Cinnamon, ginger, black pepper, oregano, parsley, rosemary are options that will give flavor.
3. More fiber. Consume more fiber through natural foods such as fruits and vegetables.
4. Probiotics Yogurt without added sugar is a natural source of probiotics to improve digestion.
5. Avoid. Coffee in excess; drink one cup a day and wait at least an hour after taking your medicine to consume it.
Foods such as soybeans, cabbage, coliforms and broccoli are not options for you, but exercise YES.
Choose routines with strength exercises, as well as activities such as meditation and yoga. Do not forget to sleep at least 7 hours a day.
With these tips, it will surely be easier to carry out your treatment successfully.